Macrame Yoga Mat Strap Workshop - March 30
Join us for a Girls in the Game fundraiser workshop!!
Make your own colorful macrame yoga mat strap and then take your mat over to Free Mvmt Shop for a yoga class! In this celebratory collab for a cause - 25% of tickets will be donated to Girls in the Game.
We'll introduce square and spiral knots and you can follow our pattern or make your own. This workshop is a great intro to macrame - we will provide detailed instructions and examples. Choose from up to 3 recycled cotton cord colors in-person. Share this link with a friend or gift a ticket to a loved one to craft together!
Thursday, March 30, 2023 - 6:30-8:30pm @ Indigo & Violet Studio - 1411 W. Irving Park Rd.
Learn more about Girls in the Game:
Girls in the Game provides sports, health, and leadership programs to girls in Chicago and beyond with the mission of helping them find their voice, discover their strength, and lead with confidence. Since 1995, Girls in the Game has been providing vital programming in and out of schools that gives girls the chance to try new things, and to lead their peers as coaches and mentors. Girls in the Game serves girls ages 7-18, with a variety of programs, including: After School Programming, Sports and Leadership Summer Camp, a Teen Scholarship Program, One-Day program opportunities, and more!
Here's what each project will include:
- two wooden rings
- 100% recycled cotton macrame cord in up to 3 colors (natural, black, lavender, blush, marigold, chartreuse, and slate blue) colors may vary slightly from photos here
- one future FREE MVMT SHOP class (yoga, dance, or sculpt class to be redeemed in their studio or live stream. code to redeem will be sent after 3/18. $19 value)
- 25% of tickets will be donated to GIRLS IN THE GAME
More info + safety protocols:
- Up to 12 tickets available to allow for spacing + hands-on help
- BYOB beer, wine, and snacks welcome
- We will follow local safety mandates at the time of the event - masks are not currently required
- Please let us know if a friend is also signing up - we'll adjust seating and spacing ahead of time