Floral Heart Wreath Workshop - Feb. 12
Craft a sweet forever floral heart wreath with your gal/pal/valentines!
Craft your own eucalyptus heart wreath base and embellish with dried roses, bunny tails, grasses, statice, carnations, and many more dried floral goodies! We've been saving dried blooms for years and can't wait to share them with you. We'll also share some best practices for drying flowers on your own and blooms that dry especially well - we've learned that some crumble and some last for months and even years to come!
No wreath experience needed for this one - we will provide detailed instructions + examples. Share this link with a friend or gift a ticket to a loved one to craft together!
Sunday, February 12 - 3-5pm - Indigo & Violet Studio @ 1411 W. Irving Park Rd.
Here's what each project will include:
- eucalyptus wreath base (sample is about 12"x15") we'll teach you to make this part yourself
- dried floral elements in a wide variety of textures and colors to add accents to your botanical heart
- dried florals and accessories that are dried in-house, re-purposed florals from fresh floral workshops or sourced locally by Vivant Gardens
- wire and cutting tools to use in class
More info + logistics:
- Up to 15 tickets are available with two instructors
- BYOB beer, wine, or snacks are welcome
- We will follow local safety mandates at the time of the event - masks are not currently required
- Please let us know in the notes of your ticket if a friend or two also signs up - we'll adjust seating and spacing ahead of time
Meet Kasey and Vivant Gardens:
Kasey Bersett Eaves, the owner of Vivant Gardening Services, spends her days making gardening with edibles, natives, and pollinator plants approachable to area residents, restaurants, schools, and more. Never daunted by the task of growing in a city's unusual spaces, Kasey loves finding creative and easily maintained growing solutions for city dwellers.
**NEW, NEW** Do you already have supplies you'd like to add to your creation?! Please don't go out and buy anything - we have plenty but we are piloting a program to accept BYO-materials. We are also accepting yarn - not used in this project but often sitting in craft bins unused and scraps of projects past. We prefer not to buy new yarn as it's often made of acrylic aka plastic. BYO-materials and we'll share a coupon for a future workshop!
**NOT NEW** Just a reminder you can turn most workshops into a private event with friends, colleagues, or clients! Inquire today about a craft celebration for an upcoming birthday, shower, or team activity.