iPad Digital Portrait Workshop - Nov. 12
Join us for an intro to iPad drawing with Nithya of mydecorify!
Are you looking to make a personalized gift for a loved one or take one of your favorite pictures and turn it into a digital piece of art?!
In this workshop, digital artist, Nithya Gundlapalli, will walk you through the entire process from taking an image and color dropping to adding in shading and details - we won't be illustrating faces in this intro class!
Perfect for beginners, this class will teach you the basics of Procreate and the main features of the application. We'll go over learning how to use different layers and what brushes to use for different parts of the illustration. You’ll complete one digital illustration of an image of your choice which you can print out or send as a digital card!
This workshop is great for anyone who wants to get familiar with digital art and wants to learn a new skill for fun or business! Feel free to come in with questions about the Procreate application and bookmark a photo on your iPad that you want to illustrate prior to class.
Workshop attendees will learn:
- Nithya's best tips to get started on Procreate
- How to turn your favorite images into simple drawings
- Learn the basics of the different features on Procreate (layers, clipping masks, alpha lock, brushes, and more)
- And Nithya's ipad will be projected onto the wall via overhead camera for increased visibility
Share this link with a friend or loved one to create together. Nithya will also have a selection of South Asian-inspired notebooks, pens, prints, and stickers to purchase while we're in person together! Please note: class requires a minimum of 5 guests to move forward.
Sunday, November 12 - 3-5pm @ Indigo & Violet Studio - 1411 W. Irving Park Rd.
- Attendees will need an iPad, stylus (Apple pencil or similar), and the latest version of the Procreate App
- BYOB beer, wine, or snacks are welcome
- Up to 12 tickets for this one - all guests should purchase a ticket to attend
- Please let us know in the notes of your ticket if a friend or two signs up separately - we'll adjust seating and spacing ahead of time
Meet Nithya and mydecorify: