Modern Marbling Workshop - Sept. 21
Join us for a BYOB marbling workshop with Tempered Chicago at Indigo & Violet Studio!
Marbling is a surface design method that dates back hundreds of years. The process goes by different names depending on where you are but the result is all the same - PURE MAGIC.
This class is meant to introduce you to a Western-style marbling process for marbling paper. You will learn to prepare paints for marbling, float pigments on the surface of the marbling size, swirl and comb to create patterns, and print the designs on paper.
Marbled papers can beautify a shelf or small tabletop, be sent as a thank you or love note, enhance a scrapbook, be placed behind a photo or artwork as unique matting... the list goes on!
Your ticket includes all materials and attendees can expect to create one canvas pouch, one bandana, AND 8-10 sheets of paper depending on how quickly you work! We will teach you how to prepare and mix paints, create marbled designs, and print your designs on paper. No experience required - share this link with your friends and meetup for a marbling happy hour!
Note: If you've taken this workshop before you're more than welcome to join us again!! You may remember how quickly time flies when you're marbling and notice a few differences this time around - we've expanded to 2.5 hours and capped class size at 8 attendees to make it a smoother process and allow you to print more paper, a pouch, and a bandana.
- 8-10 sheets of paper to marble in a wide variety of colors
- 1 canvas pouch AND cotton bandana to marble after testing the process on paper
- color inspiration, hands-on instruction, and all tools will be provided
- BYOB beer, wine, or snacks are welcome
- Up to 8 tickets available - all guests should purchase a ticket to attend
- We will follow local safety mandates at the time of the event - masks welcome but not currently required
- Please let us know in the notes of your ticket if a friend or two also signed up - we'll adjust seating and spacing ahead of time