Visible Mending Workshop - April 9
Join us for a visible mending workshop with Nandi of Bliss Joy Bull!
- Feel free to bring an item or two with you if you have a mending project already in mind
- Nandi will have a display of her sustainable and handmade bags and accessories - shop and save 15% off while we're in person together!
Saturday, April 9 - 10am-12pm in-person @ Indigo & Violet Studio - 1411 W. Irving Park Rd.
Updated safety protocols for events starting April 1:
- Limit of 12 tickets available to allow for spacing
- We will follow local and state safety mandates at the time of the event
- Please continue to self-screen and contact us if you're sick or have had a Covid exposure leading up to the event
- Guests are welcome to BYOB (drinks or snacks) while seated
- Please let us know if a friend also signs up - we'll make sure to sit you next to each other
Meet our instructor, Nandi Duszynski:
Nandi got her start in designing and crafting at a young age. She attended design school at Iowa State University and completed her degree in fashion design at the Art Institute of NYC. Nandi moved back to the midwest after 4 years in New York, and has lived in Chicago since 2015.
Nandi started her business BLISS JOY BULL from a desire to reduce waste and use unwanted materials. In early 2021 Nandi started teaching sewing classes virtually. Over the years many people have come up to her during craft shows saying they don’t even know how to sew on a button. With that in mind, along with the knowledge of overproduction, overconsumption, and lack of sewing skills, Nandi developed a visible mending class. Nandi strives to make sewing simple, bringing joy to the clothing we wear by making it last longer.