Botanic Watercolor Workshop - August 10
Join Polly Jiménez for a plant-themed watercolor workshop while she's visiting Chicago from Mexico City!
If you love plants, flowers, and painting this workshop is for you!
Join us for a lovely watercolor class, no experience is required and supplies will be provided. In this workshop, you’ll learn the basic techniques of watercolor, drawing tricks, and how to maximize your art supplies to create botanical compositions by just knowing how to use your brush. We’ll talk about color theory to understand how to create your own harmonic color schemes.
Polly Jiménez has 11 years of experience in watercolor and 7 years of teaching diverse types of audiences. You will learn watercolor from an experienced artist whose trajectory goes from illustrating children’s books and painting murals, to exhibiting in galleries like Vertical Gallery and Line Dot Gallery. See more of Polly's work at @pollyshortstories and shortstoriesstudio.com.
This event will take place in our studio from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. This is a great workshop to share with friends and bring a snack or drink with you!
Wednesday, August 10 - 6:30-8:30pm - Indigo & Violet Studio - 1411 W. Irving Park Rd.Here's what the workshop includes:
- 24 cake watercolor paints
- cotton paper
- fountain brush pens and a pencil
- 1 mixing palette
- handmade welcome card
- real flowers and plants to use as models and inspiration
- BYOB snacks, beer, and wine welcome
- We will follow local safety guidelines at the time of the event - masks are recommended but not currently required
- Up to 15 tickets are available - each workshop attendee should purchase a ticket
- Please let us know if a friend is also signing up in the notes with your order - we'll adjust seating and spacing ahead of time