Intro to Hand Darning Workshop - June 26
Join us for a hand-darning workshop with Nandi of Bliss Joy Bull!
- How to darn a rectangular patch with yarn
- The best tools and materials for repairing your knits
- How to identify knit fabrics
- Each student will create a mending sampler for you to practice the repair techniques
- This is an introductory class for all skill levels
- Materials included in the ticket price
Monday, June 26 at 6:30-8:30pm @ Indigo & Violet Studio - 1411 W. Irving Park Rd.
More info + protocols:
- BYOB beer, wine, and snacks welcome
- Up to 12 tickets available to allow for spacing + hands-on help
- We will follow local safety mandates at the time of the event - masks are not currently required
- Please let us know if a friend is also signing up - we'll adjust seating and spacing ahead of time
Meet our instructor, Nandi Duszynski:
Nandi got her start in designing and crafting at a young age. She attended design school at Iowa State University and completed her degree in fashion design at the Art Institute of NYC. Nandi moved back to the midwest after 4 years in New York, and has lived in Chicago since 2015.
Nandi started her business BLISS JOY BULL from a desire to reduce waste and use unwanted materials. In early 2021, Nandi started teaching sewing classes virtually. Over the years many people have come up to her during craft shows saying they don’t even know how to sew on a button. With that in mind, along with the knowledge of overproduction, overconsumption, and lack of sewing skills, Nandi developed a visible mending class. Nandi strives to make sewing simple, bringing joy to the clothing we wear by making it last longer.