Intro Embroidery Workshop - August 12
Join us for an intro embroidery workshop with Nithya of mydecorify at Indigo & Violet Studio!
Learn the basics of embroidery with this mydecorify kit and workshop! BYO-item to stitch on after we've practiced stitching on a piece of scrap woven fabric. To minimize waste we invite you to bring something you already have like a hat, tote, t-shirt, sweatshirt, or jeans to embellish with beautiful stitches! Cotton and woven fabrics will work best instead of something with a lot of stretch.
We will start with practice stitches, leaves, and flowers - then you will be able to sketch your design onto your favorite item and begin creating. The great part of this workshop is that you can take home the DIY kit to continue embroidering at home!
No sewing or embroidery experience is required. Share this link with your creative friends and make a crafty evening of it! As part of our new crafts that care initiative, we're be donating 10% of tickets and in-studio mydecorify product purchases to a local cause chosen by Nithya - read more about Apna Ghar below.
- set of six embroidery floss colors
- embroidery needle and threader
- 5" embroidery hoop
- scrap canvas to practice stitching
- stencils, patterns, and sample designs
- BYOB beer, wine, and snacks are welcome
- donation to Apna Ghar - a human rights organization working to end gender violence with a focus on immigrant, refugee, and marginalized communities
- We will follow local safety mandates at the time of the event - masks are recommended but not currently required
- Up to 12 tickets available - all guests should purchase a ticket to attend
- Please let us know in the notes of your ticket if a friend or two also signed up - we'll adjust seating and spacing ahead of time
Meet Nithya and mydecorify: