Intro Embroidery Workshop - May 7
Join us for an intro embroidery workshop with Nithya of mydecorify at Indigo & Violet Studio!
Learn the basics of embroidery with this mydecorify kit and workshop! BYO-item to stitch on after we've practiced stitching on a piece of woven fabric. To minimize waste we invite you to bring something you already have like a hat, tote, t-shirt, sweatshirt, or jeans to embellish with new stitches! Cotton and woven fabrics will work best over items with a lot of stretch.
We will start with practice stitches, leaves, and flowers - then you will be able to sketch your design onto your item and begin creating. You'll lihe great part of this workshop is that you will take home the DIY kit to continue embroidering at home!
No sewing or embroidery experience is required. Share this link with your creative friends and make a crafty evening of it! As part of our crafts that care initiative, we're be donating 10% of tickets and in-studio mydecorify product purchases to a local cause chosen by Nithya - read more about Apna Ghar below.
- set of six embroidery floss colors (you'll select your favorite 6 colors at the workshop)
- embroidery needle and threader
- 5" embroidery hoop
- canvas fabric to practice stitching
- sample floral patterns and leaves
- BYOB beer, wine, and snacks are welcome
- donation to Apna Ghar - a human rights organization working to end gender violence with a focus on immigrant, refugee, and marginalized communities
- BYOB snacks, beer, wine welcome
- Up to 10 tickets available - all guests should purchase a ticket to attend
- We will follow local safety mandates at the time of the event - masks are not currently required
- Please let us know in the notes of your ticket if a friend or two also signed up - we'll adjust seating and spacing ahead of time
Meet Nithya and mydecorify: