Mandala Workshop - August 20
Join us for a BYOB Mandala workshop with Nithya of mydecorify at Indigo & Violet Studio!
Mandala means "circle" in Sanskrit and is traditionally a geometric design that represents the universe as a whole and finding the symmetry of the world. Many cultures all over the world create mandalas but given the origin of the word I love incorporating it into my South Asian-inspired artwork.
This class is an easy way to get introduced to the art form and make a detailed decorative piece with paint, markers, and canvas. I will be going over simple designs that can be used throughout the piece symmetrically and can't wait to see your own ideas that you add in to make it yours!
No drawing or painting experience is required. Share this link with your friends and make a crafty afternoon out of it! Shop Nithya's digital art and notebooks in person too! As part of our new crafts that care initiative, we're be donating 10% of tickets and in-studio mydecorify product purchases to a local cause chosen by Nithya - read more about Apna Ghar below.
- 12 x 12" canvas
- colorful array of markers and paint pens to create your art
- paint to customize the background color of your mandala
- mandala inspiration, hands-on instruction, and all materials will be provided
- BYOB beer, wine, or snacks are welcome
- donation to Apna Ghar - a human rights organization working to end gender violence with a focus on immigrant, refugee, and marginalized communities
- We will follow local safety mandates at the time of the event - masks recommended but not currently required
- Up to 14 tickets available - all guests should purchase a ticket to attend
- Please let us know in the notes of your ticket if a friend or two also signed up - we'll adjust seating and spacing ahead of time
Meet Nithya and mydecorify: