Mindful Watercolor Workshop - December 30
Join Polly Jiménez for a mindful watercolor workshop while she's visiting Chicago from Mexico City!
Join us for a lovely watercolor class, no experience is required and supplies will be provided. In this workshop, you’ll learn the basic techniques of watercolor, drawing tricks, and how to maximize your art supplies to create mindful expressions with your brush. We’ll talk about color theory to understand how to create your own harmonic color schemes. We'll wrap our New Year's event by creating a postcard with manifestations for 2023!
Meet your instructor, Polly! Polly Jiménez has 11 years of experience in watercolor and 7 years of teaching diverse types of audiences. You will learn watercolor from an experienced artist whose work varies from illustrating children’s books and painting murals, to exhibiting in galleries like Vertical Gallery and Line Dot Gallery. See more of Polly's colorful work at @pollyshortstories and shortstoriesstudio.com.
This event will take place in our studio from 3-5pm. This is a great workshop to share with friends and bring a snack or drink with you!
Friday, December 30th - 3-5pm - Indigo & Violet Studio - 1411 W. Irving Park Rd.Here's what the workshop includes:
12 watercolor pan
1 round brush
1 thin round brush
1 paint palette
10 cotton paper sheets
- BYOB snacks, beer, and wine welcome
- Up to 15 tickets are available - each workshop attendee should purchase a ticket
- We will follow local safety guidelines at the time of the event - masks are recommended but not currently required
- Please continue to self-screen and reach out to us if you're sick or have had covid or flu exposure leading up to the event
- Please let us know if a friend is also signing up in the notes with your order - we'll adjust seating and spacing ahead of time