Modern Marbling Workshop - July 19
Join us for a BYOB marbling workshop with Tempered Chicago at Indigo & Violet Studio!
Marbling is a surface design method that dates back hundreds of years. The process goes by different names depending on where you are but the result is all the same - PURE MAGIC.
This class is meant to introduce you to a Western-style marbling process for marbling paper. You will learn to prepare paints for marbling, float pigments on the surface of the marbling size, swirl and comb to create patterns, and print the designs on paper.
Marbled papers can beautify a shelf or small tabletop, be sent as a thank you or love note, enhance a scrapbook, be placed behind a photo or artwork as unique matting... the list goes on!
Your ticket includes all materials and attendees can expect to create one canvas pouch and 6-12 pieces of paper depending on how quickly you work! We will teach you how to prepare and mix paints, create marbled designs, and print your designs on paper. No experience required - share this link with your crafty friends.
- 6-12 sheets of paper to marble in a variety of colors
- 1 canvas pouch to marble after testing the process on paper
- color inspiration, hands-on instruction, and all tools will be provided
- BYOB beer, wine, or snacks are welcome
- We will follow local safety mandates at the time of the event - masks recommended but not currently required
- Up to 14 tickets available - all guests should purchase a ticket to attend
- Please let us know in the notes of your ticket if a friend or two also signed up - we'll adjust seating and spacing ahead of time