Trash to Treasure Floral Workshop - May 8
Join us for our next virtual Trash to Treasure workshop in collaboration with Hopscotch City!
Mother's Day is coming quickly - join us for this virtual craft workshop and make a bouquet of upcycled flowers that will last forever. This will be a casual activity that's a great lunch break for all ages - both kids and adults. Gather your egg cartons and join us to craft together!
We encourage you to use what you already have in your home to avoid shopping trips or ordering non-essential items - feel free to adapt any of the materials below. If you have any questions about what you have on-hand please feel free to reach out.
Friday, May 8 - 11:30am-12:30pm (CST) via zoom call (link to be sent prior to class)
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 egg carton - cardboard works best
- Markers, paint pens or acrylic paint (brushes, water, palette, and paper towel as needed)
- Glue - we'll be using "tacky glue" but you could use any school glue or hot glue
- Colored paper, tissue paper, beads or yarn for the floral center
- Sticks, straws, or pipe cleaners for stems - or you could replace stems with magnets
- Scissors or x-acto knife (*we suggest adults help with this part at the beginning*)