Virtual Painting Workshop - August 7
Join us for a virtual paint (with what you have) workshop!
No experience required - this will be a casual activity and paint your own adventure with painting tips, inspiration, and examples. We will introduce watercolor fundamentals but other mediums are welcome. We'll paint a unique assortment of florals, fruits, and geometric shapes and it's a new combo at each workshop (approx. every other Friday). Please share this link with your friends so you can paint together!
Use what you already have at home - watercolors, wine, coffee, or tea OR order one of our new watercolor kits to use for this workshop and beyond. Kit details below. If you have any questions about materials to gather or fulfillment options (FREE pick-up, delivery, shipping) please feel free to reach out.
Friday, August 7 - 5:30-7pm via zoom call - please download Zoom ahead of our call and consider streaming on a laptop or tablet for optimal viewing.
Here's what your kit will include:
- Beam Paints 5-color dot palette
- Round watercolor brush (size 6)
- (8) sheets of cold-press watercolor paper (4"x6")
- Plastic palette for mixing colors
Here's what you'll need:
- Napkin, paper towel, or scrap fabric to dry your brush
- Two cups of water
- Brush (don't have a brush a q-tip is the best replacement)
- Watercolor paper (You could also try fabric, cardboard, canvas or wood for a different effect if that's what you have lying around.
- Paint (we'll use watercolors but for this exercise, we will also be painting with wine, tea, matcha, and coffee - bring what you have! Have acrylic craft paint?! Bring that!
Note: Kits for this class are available for local pick-up and delivery only. Need a kit shipped outside of Chicago? Consider signing up for this workshop on the 21st.