Modern Brush Lettering Workshop - April 14
Letters by Shells is visiting Chicago for just two workshops. We're thrilled to host Shelly at Indigo & Violet Studio!
Sunday, April 14 - 2 - 5pm @ Indigo & Violet Studio - 1411 W. Irving Park Rd.
- Sign up for both this event and Shelly's April 17 Intro to Watercolor Lettering. Purchase a combo ticket and save 20%.
During this 3-hour BYOB workshop, you will not only learn the basics of modern brush lettering, but the following topics will also be covered:
- Ways to hold your brush pen
- Differing pressure levels
- Differences between brush pens
- Common practice drills
- What is fauxcalligraphy?
- Connecting letters
- Guidance on achieving bouncy lettering
- Guidance on achieving different styles
The overall purpose of this workshop is to feel confident practicing Modern Brush Lettering at home using all the information and tools given.
As a class, we will be able to practice a few uppercase and lowercase letters by breaking down the connections of each letter in a word. Together, we will be writing words such as “hello” and “love."
This workshop includes all the materials needed to get started, including:
- Brush Pen Set (Each brush pen is hand-picked and will serve a different purpose)
- 50+ Page Workbook: (includes- Alphabet Sheet Guide, Outline of the basics, practice sheets for both uppercase & lowercase letters, tips and techniques)
- Lettering Paper
- Small Gift along with a Personalized Name Tag
- Lifetime access to digital downloads, practice sheets, and resources
This workshop is all about having fun while learning the beauty of Modern Brush Lettering! I have tailored this workshop for you to not only learn a new hobby but to also discover your own creative side! This workshop requires no prior experience in calligraphy or lettering. Let's all just use this time to relax, learn, and letter with good company!
About Letters by Shells:
"I'm Shelly! I am a self-taught Modern Brush Calligrapher based in the SoCal area. On the weekends, I enjoy hosting workshops
in the OC & LA area to teach others the beauty of Modern Brush Lettering! Lettering to me goes way beyond exploring my creativity. For me, it creates an open, positive, and free outlet that I would love for others to join in on with me."