Intro to Watercolor Lettering Workshop - April 17
Letters by Shells is visiting Chicago for just two workshops. We're thrilled to host Shelly at Indigo & Violet Studio!
Wednesday, April 17 - 6:30 - 8:30pm @ Indigo & Violet Studio - 1411 W. Irving Park Rd.
- Sign up for both this event and Shelly's April 14 Modern Brush Lettering. Purchase a combo ticket and save 20%.
The overall purpose of this workshop is to feel confident practicing the beauty of Watercolor Lettering & Simple Blending + Painting (leaves, roses, etc.) techniques at home using all the information and tools given.
During this 2-hour BYOB workshop, you will not only learn the basics of watercolor lettering and painting, but the following topics will also be covered:
- Ways to hold your watercolor brush
- Techniques and Basics of Watercolors (blending, wet on wet technique, etc.)
- Understanding how to use the pigments
- Differing pressure levels
- Differences between watercolor paper/textures
- Common practice drills for watercolors
- Connecting Letters
- Understanding the different styles that can be achieved
- Doodles such as watercolor leaves, veggies (painting carrots) and roses will be discussed
This workshop includes all the materials needed to get started, including:
- Watercolor Pigments
- Watercolor Paper
- Watercolor Brush
- How to Get started Mini Workbook: (includes- Alphabet Sheet Guide, practice worksheets, and tips and techniques on painting)
- Small Gift along with a Personalized Name Tag
- Lifetime access to digital downloads, practice sheets, and resources
This workshop is all about having fun while learning the beauty of Watercolor Lettering & Techniques! I have tailored this workshop for you to not only learn a new hobby but to also discover your own creative side!
*This workshop requires no prior experience in calligraphy, lettering or painting. Let's all just use this time to relax, learn, and letter with good company!*
About Letters by Shells:
"I'm Shelly! I am a self-taught Modern Brush Calligrapher based in the SoCal area. On the weekends, I enjoy hosting workshops
in the OC & LA area to teach others the beauty of Modern Brush Lettering! Lettering to me goes way beyond exploring my creativity. For me, it creates an open, positive, and free outlet that I would love for others to join in on with me."